We are in a unique position at the start of a project to work with the latest technology the industry has to offer. We want to build the next AAA title taking our high-level standards in visuals to the next level. We are looking for an Environment Artist that possesses all the skills and passion to make a truly stunning next generation title.
As an Environment Artist at BULKHEAD, you will have excellent knowledge in asset generation and creating visually stunning scenes. You will be responsible for working with Artists, Designers, Programmers and Production to create and develop large-scale environments, props, and assets.
This is an in-studio role, and this is non-negotiable; however, we can offer bespoke relocation packages.
Currently, we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
-Working to a deadline and ensuring to create outstanding environments whilst keeping in mind engine constraints
-Following guidelines and concepts to create assets and worlds tied to the vision of the team
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game
-Work with the Art Lead to ensure all milestones are hit in a professional manner
- Create believable and photorealistic environments within UE5
- Create game-ready assets given the technical limitations
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists, level designers and tech artists
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high-quality standard
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
// REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
-Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies
-Proficient experience with relevant software packages such as 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer / Painter and Zbrush
-A understanding of UE5 and its new technologies such as Nanite and Lumen and working with PBR materials to ensure all artwork is to a high standard.
- Good English communication and writing skills
-Always chasing the highest possible quality
-Self-motivated and team focused
//PORTFOLIO OR REEL THAT DEMONSTRATES THE FOLLOWING
- Heavy focus on environment art
- Proficiency in high and low poly modelling
- Proficiency in texturing, following PBR rules
- Strong technical skills (modelling / baking / UVs / modularity / shaders)
- Strong artistic skills (shapes / colours / proportions / lighting)
- Keen eye for detail and realism
// DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Traditional painting skills
- Experience with photogrammetry
-An excellent world builder