We are in a unique position at the start of a project to work with the latest technology the industry has to offer. We want to build the next AAA title taking our high-level standards in visuals to the next level. We are looking for an exceptional artist that possesses all the skills and passion to make a truly stunning next generation title.
We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist who has excellent knowledge in asset generation and creating visually stunning scenes. Within this position at BULKHEAD you will be responsible for working with Artists, Designers, Programmers and Production to create and develop large-scale environments, props and assets.
This is an in-studio role, and this is non-negotiable; however, we can offer bespoke relocation packages.
Currently, we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
- Work with the Lead Artist and other artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of environment assets
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game
- Create believable and photo realistic environments within UE5
- Create game-ready assets given the technical limitations
- Supervise and mentor junior artists on the team
- Provide and accept direction
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists and level designers
- Work together with our tech-art department to improve workflow
- Coordinate with other studio groups including level design and production to achieve project objectives
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high-quality standard
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
// REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in game development
- UE5 Experience
- Last and/or current gen console experience
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies
- Strong ability to create believable, realistic environments in a real-time engine
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer / Painter and Zbrush
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision
//PORTFOLIO OR REEL THAT DEMONSTRATES THE FOLLOWING
- Heavy focus on environment art
- Proficiency in high and low poly modelling
- Proficiency in texturing, following PBR rules
- Strong technical skills (modelling / baking / UVs / modularity / shaders)
- Strong artistic skills (shapes / colours / proportions / lighting)
- Keen eye for detail and realism
// DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Traditional painting skills
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Outsourcing experience