We are looking for a Senior Level Designer that is highly experienced with UE4/UE5. You will be working on an AAA project with a large-scale team.
In this role on the WARDOGS design team, you will be working closely with others within your department to build interesting, exciting, and inspiring levels. You should have a passion for creating large scale open worlds. You will be expected to take sections of levels from early white box, through to a fully complete area.
You will be working closely with leads and directors to deliver their vision while collaborating with the design team to gather feedback, additionally mentoring junior members of the team, developing their skills and experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical in this role.
This is an in-studio role, and this is non-negotiable; however, we can offer bespoke relocation packages.
Currently, we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
· Champion areas of the levels that you own, whether that is sections of a map or an entire map, pushing for quality.
· Work with design leadership, artists, and other level designers to deliver large-scale environments that embody the creative vision of the game while keeping gameplay in mind.
· Create vast gameplay spaces by sculpting terrain and using a mix of white box and real assets.
· Iterate on feedback from the Lead & other designers to meet the required quality bar.
· Give feedback and constructive critiques of the work of peers.
· Understand core mechanics, project goals and the end target to define and create strong levels.
· Research subject matter related to the history and look of the locations portrayed in the level.
· Pro-actively work alongside other developers and designers to share and gather essential information and be consistent within your work.
· Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines.
· Assist in project planning and scoping to ensure on time delivery milestones.
· Maintain and develop authoring standards.
· Mentor junior team members.
// REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Expert knowledge of UE4/UE5 (or equivalent current gen game engines).
· The ability to work independently as well as working alongside other level designers.
· Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience creating design documentation.
· Experience working on AAA game/s through the full development cycle (from concept to ship) as an embedded member of a studio development team strongly preferred.
// DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience with Open World Level Design using World Composition/Partition.
· Experience in sculpting realistic terrain in level/world creation packages.
· Experience with Maya, Blender, 3DS Max or other industry-standard 3D modelling software.
· Strong familiarity with recent shooters and trends of the genre.