We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team here at Bulkhead with knowledge of Adobe Suite and 2D/3D tools & applications.
Within this position, you will be responsible for inspiring & working with Artists, Designers and Production to create and develop stunning concept art on a large-scale AAA project.
As our Senior Concept Artist, you will have the opportunity to use your creativity and artistic skills to contribute to the creation of our exciting Action Shooter. You will take an idea from rough sketches through to the final 2D/3D concept whilst working with the Art Director to help communicate the visual direction to the rest of the team.
The team at Bulkhead are a tight knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. We question the norm and are always looking for new and better ways to do things. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard, we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely.
All candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. At this time we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
What you will be doing:
- You will work closely with the Art Director and fellow artists to create inspiring concept art that informs and communicates the vision for the game.
- You’ll support the art director and leads in developing the look and feel of our games worlds, levels and characters.
- You’ll be able to quickly generate sketches and & production-ready concepts describing the new assets to the rest of the art team.
- You will create concept art for characters, environments, and other creative assets.
Skills and experience you need:
- An up-to-date portfolio that demonstrated your skills and experience
- Proficient experience with Adobe Suite (PS, XD, Illustrator)
- Proficient experience with tools such as Maya, 3DS Max and other 3D/2D applications
- Around 5+ Years Industry experience as a Concept Artist
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping to assist other team members
A good understanding of project scope and technical limitations of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great understanding of anatomy, atmospherics, proportion, scale, composition perspective, lighting and colour
- Ability to create concept art in 3D and 2D
- Experience in creating concepts for multiplayer first or third person shooters
- Passion for immersive Video Games, preferably FPS
- Degree in relevant art skill, i.e. illustration, fine art