We are searching for a Junior Animator to join and integrate themselves into our team, working on our exciting large-scale AAA project. As a Junior Animator at Bulkhead, you'll be working in a team of animators to bring personality to the world that we're building, creating satisfying and reactive animations. You will be responsible for working with the team to conceive, prototype and implement exciting features and sequences. Collaborating with your team to create high and consistent quality across the game.
The team at Bulkhead are a tight knit group of developers who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. Our team members tend to be multi-disciplinary developers who push the boundaries to deliver that goal.
To be a part of this talented team you need to be passionate about first person shooter games and ideally understand the nuance in connecting gameplay animations to the player feel, creating engaging and reactive combat experiences.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely. We are open to applications from talented individuals looking for their first step into the industry.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Create reactive, satisfying and replayable animations for our games that both look and feel incredible.
- Assisting and defining our animation quality standards and pipeline.
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to tune them to the highest quality.
- Working with Lead and Technical animators to implement animations into the game.
Here are the skills you'll need:
- Demo Reel displaying character / first person animations for shooter games
High quality Gameplay animation skills
- Developed communication skills, able to work with team members efficiently
Preferred but not required:
- Unreal Engine 4/5 experience
- May experience