We are looking for a Lead Designer who has proficient knowledge with UE4 to help shape the worlds in an exciting AAA 3rd person action shooter. You will be working on a AAA project with a large-scale team and will be expected to guide and oversee your small team of other designers to create & develop game features, content and large-scale levels for the world we're trying to build with dynamic changes in mind.
Within this position at Bulkhead you will be responsible for working with Artists, Designers, Programmers and Production, who will be working closely alongside you to keep track and manage the tasks and milestones.
The team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. We question the norm and are always looking for new and better ways to do things. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard, we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely.
All candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. At this time we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Work as a team player to create and envision large scale levels with gameplay in mind
- Understanding the technical constraints of the engine and project
- Oversee a team of Junior/Intermediate level designers on a day to day basis and be confident in helping resolve issues
- Understand core mechanics. Project goals and the end target to define and create strong levels
- Pro-actively work alongside other developers and designers to share and gather essential information and be consistent within your work
- Work closely with other Senior developers and Production to assign tasks and provide time estimates for milestones
Here's what you'll need:
- Industry experience with at least 1 shipped AAA console or PC title
- Experience and knowledge of UE4
- The ability to work independently as well as working alongside and overseeing a small handful of other level designers
- Experience and passion for creating large scale levels whilst utilizing 3D Level design tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Maya, Blender, 3DS Max or other industry standard 3D modelling software
- Experience with overseeing teams in past AAA projects
- The ability to provide clear feedback and information to Production
- Experience in creating multiplayer first or third person shooters